The Backroad Challenge wouldn’t exist without an army of dedicated volunteers. We utilize the time and talent of local non-profit groups to help us carry out this growing event. They help us by taking complete responsibility for certain functions such as manning rest stations, handling parking, busing tables at the Festival, etc. We find that these groups bring responsibility, energy and creativity to the process that helps make the Backroad Challenge better each year. We in turn share a portion of the proceeds with these groups as a way of thanking them for their efforts, and as means for the Backroad Challenge to support the community. If you have a group that would like to be considered for helping with our event, please contact Leland Fishman at 707-974-7138.
If you are not a cyclist or would like to make a donation to the Petaluma Sunrise Rotary Foundation (a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation), mail your check to 1333 N McDowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA 94954. Thank you!
Sponsor the Sonoma County Backroad Challenge
If your company or organization is interested in sponsoring the 2012 Sonoma County Backroad Challenge, we want to hear from you. There are sponsorship levels available for every budget. Contact Sponsorship Coordinator, Leland Fishman, at (707) 974-7138.
Vendor and Exhibitor Opportunities
If your business or organization is interested in exhibiting at the Backroad Fest, here are the basics:
- A standard space is 15’ x 15’
- Cost is $100 per space
- You provide all necessary tables, canopy, signage, etc.
- We will provide a 110 VAC electrical outlet if requested in advance
- Morning (6–10 AM) Location: Check-in and start of ride are at Penngrove Park.
- Afternoon (Noon – 6 PM) Location: Finish line and Backroad Festival are at Penngrove Park
- Vendors may sell cycling-related merchandise and services only (call if you are interested in being a food vendor)
- Step 1, Approval: Contact Festival Coordinator, Jeff England, at (707) 799-4800.
- Step 2, Reserve: Mail check to Petaluma Sunrise Rotary Foundation; PO Box 101, Petaluma CA 94953. Your payment reserves your space. Include your phone number and email address. We will confirm receipt.